COVER

Cerca nel blog

Translate

Mi trovi anche qui!

Tutti gli articoli del Magical Magazine

martedì 15 aprile 2014

Interview with LM Boelz

Here's a general interview, 
I'll be happy to answer more questions!



When writing this book what was the most important thing you wanted your readers to come away with?
I write to entertain, so I want my readers to feel that they’re having a good time, I want them to follow Ella’s adventure, to relax and take a break from the outside world. However, there are some hints that could generate ethical discussions about today’s reality and solutions, especially toward the end of the novel, so it’s not entirely “empty” entertainment. The ending is quite strong and can lead to a wider confrontation.



While working on the book, what would you say was your biggest challenge, and what advice would you offer a writer to overcome that obstacle?
I can tell you about two challenges, an emotional and a practical one.
My biggest emotional challenge was and still is to write about love. Romance is not my strongest skill, I feel more comfortable writing about killing, scheming and fighting… but my characters needed to have something more than that in their lives, so I sprinkled some love here and there. I don’t know how to help other people in my position… I used music to get in the mood, Bon Jovi and Aerosmith, mostly. I hope I managed to convey the right emotions. Readers will let me know!


The practical challenge was a linguistic one. English is my second language and this is my first novel written in English. I feel confident enough and I did my best to avoid mistakes, however if you still find something odd or wrong… please tell me! I’ll be super grateful and I will correct it. Advice? Well, I read a lot and watch a lot of series and movies, Wordreference.com is my best friend. There’s always room for improvement, especially when learning a foreign language.


Was this your first book?
“Trusting Darkness” (http://evafairwald.wix.com/trustingdarkness) is the first in English, but the third published and the sixth overall. My other two published books are written in Italian and are part of a YA saga called “Le ombre di Dora” (“Dora’s shadows” http://evafairwald.wix.com/leombredidora).



How important is it in your genre to have more to a story than just hot heavy scenes? Do you believe good back story is important?
Hot heavy scenes are not even important for my genre, which is Fantasy. I know that erotic stories are very popular right now, but that’s not what I write or read. Love stories/hot sex are not the center of my books, they are part of the story, but never the only spark that moves the action. Backstories are crucial, every character has to have a solid background. I write about war and trust, killing and saving lives, hot romance is not my purpose.  

Rating your type of book, what ages would you say it is most suited for?
I wrote it targeting adults, some scenes are very violent and some themes such as mass murder and destruction are better suited for grown ups… but it’s still something that I would have read as a teen. It depends on the reader, this novel is not about cheesy teenagers giving their first kiss; it’s about Elvish soldiers caught in the middle of something too big to avoid. There is some romance, but nothing overwhelming. The language is sometimes strong but not disturbing, I’m talking about soldiers after all… they are allowed to swear from time to time!




Do you have anything new coming up the pipeline? If so tell us about it.

Yes, my next novel is about a genie. I only wrote the outline, but I know what is going to happen and I have the last scene clear in my mind. The setting is Istanbul in the past with a scene in Venice and Oriental atmospheres the entire time. It’s still fantasy, but with an historical flare. There are two main characters: Jade and Yanmak.


Where can people purchase this or other books you have written?

Everything is on Amazon, this is my author page: amazon.com/author/evafairwald

Do you have a blog where readers and authors can talk with you and share their thoughts on your books and writing in general?

Yes, I’m also on FB, Twitter and Pinterest:
Feel free to contact me anytime evafairwald@gmail.com


I am available for more interviews, questions and reviews, just get in touch with me, even if your blog/page/group/website is not in English… I might surprise you.
I can handle a full interview in Italian and German; also Spanish and French are welcome with shorter and less articulated answers.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento